Thursday, March 21, 2013

No Value Brackets


I was recently informed by our very own athletic director that because I am no longer aloud to partake in bracket betting. The reason for this being is that I am currently a competing NCAA athlete and if I am found guilty I could lose my eligibility. That's fine I wasn't going to make a bracket anyway. I have lost all hope for the NCAA tournament, especially after the following players left after their first year of play; Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, John Wall, Derrick Rose, Kevin Love. Half of those players could still be in college if they had not decided to leave early. Could you imagine Kentucky if John Wall and Anthony Davis were still on the team? That would be an unstoppable force, oh wait, Kyrie Irving and the Duke squad could probably give them a run for their money. Unfortunately it’s all about the Benjamin’s. Therefore in my opinion the NCAA tournament will never be what it was decades ago

1 comment:

  1. This is very true. Obviously, one way to get past this problem would be to offer players some compensation as many others have argued. But that brings its own problems.

    ReplyDelete